Early flowering, wide leafed annual ryegrass with good early growth. Tetila is an older variety that tends to run to flower very early. Once reproductive, plant becomes stalky and non-palatable. Outclassed by newer tetraploids such as R2.
- Name: Tetila
- Category: Annual Ryegrass
- Rainfall: 600mm-700mm+
- pH: 5-8
- Maturity: Early
- Soil Type: Most types
- Sowing Rate: 20-25 kg/ha (Pure) 10-15 kg/ha (Mixes)
- Early flowering, erect tetraploid annual ryegrass
- Moderate rust resistance
- No regeneration capacity
- Now outclassed by newer more productive cultivars like R2
- Both USA and Australian available
Tetila performs well in early stages, especially when sown early, but newer varieties outclass in terms of regrowth, dry matter production and feed quality after first grazing.